Applicants should have: A good degree (2.2 or above) or equivalent in computer networking or closely related discipline.
Months of entry
This programme is for graduates of computer science, computer engineering or a cognate discipline who wish to develop specialist computer network security capabilities, including the secure management and implementation of LANs, WANs and associated infrastructure.
The programme has a particular emphasis on network security, management and implementation. Our option courses enable students to specialise in particular areas of interest in aspects of network and systems security. The content of the programme is informed by industry professionals and advisers and includes industrial standard software and procedures.
We offer excellent specialist networking facilities in the Internet Security Research Laboratory (ISRL) with a wide range of operating systems and a range of industrial standard software (e.g. Metasploit, Wireshark, Scapy, EnCase).
The aims of the programme are:
- To provide students with an enhanced base of knowledge in current and reflective practice necessary to support a career in computer network security at an advanced professional level
- To develop an extensive insight into industrial applications and requirements of computer network security
- To develop a critical insight into management issues relating to business operation, with particular regard to computer network security
- To develop a comprehensive knowledge of ICT tools and techniques used in management and implementing computer networks, with a security focus.
- Engineering and Management of Secure Computer Networks (30 credits)
- Engineering and Implementation of Secure Computer Networks (30 credits)
- Strategy and Management (15 credits)
- Research Methodology (15 credits)
- Individual Project (60 credits)
- Two 15-credit options from: Information and Network Security Engineering; Database Security and Administration; Engineering Forensics; Communications and Law (30 credits)
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- 020 8331 9000