Applicants should have: A good degree (2.2 or above) in computer science, computer engineering or a related discipline. • Students educated in a language other than English should have an IELTS score of 6.0 or above with no skill less than 5.5. • Applicants without a first degree but with vocational and/or professional qualifications and/or experience (e.g. chartered engineer status) are considered on an individual basis, subject to demonstrating the potential to succeed.
Months of entry
This programme is for graduates of computer science or computer engineering who wish to develop specialist computer networks, including local area networks, wide area networks and associated infrastructure. The programme has a particular emphasis on network security, performance and administration. Options enable students to specialise in particular aspects of network management.
As well as professional, analytical and management skills, students gain technical skills and knowledge at an advanced level. In particular, this programme develops the specific subject specialism, which is underpinned by a major research project. A thorough understanding of concepts and methodologies of research, and practical transferable skills, are essential to engineers involved in research and development projects. Such methods also form an essential part of the individual project undertaken during this programme.
The aims of the programme are:
- To provide students with an enhanced base of knowledge in current and reflective practice necessary to support a career in computer networking at advanced professional level
- To develop an extensive insight into industrial applications and requirements of computer networks
- To develop a critical insight into management issues relating to business operation, with particular regard to computer networks.
- Engineering and Management of Secure Computer Networks (30 credits)
- Network Performance and Administration (30 credits)
- Advanced Digital Communications Networks (30 credits)
- Research Methodology (15 credits)
- Strategy and Management (15 credits)
- Individual Project and Dissertation (60 credits)
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries
- 020 8331 9000