Applicants should have: A good degree (at least a 2.2) in computer science, computer engineering or a related discipline. • Students educated in a language other than English should have an IELTS score of 6.0 or above with no skill less than 5.5. • Candidates without a first degree but with vocational and/or professional qualifications and/or experience (e.g. chartered engineer status) are considered on an individual basis.
Months of entry
This programme is for graduates of computer science or computer engineering who wish to develop a specialism in computer systems and advanced software engineering. The programme has particular emphasis on embedded hardware and distributed software systems. The individual project enables students to tailor a particular specialism to their own careers. As well as professional, analytical and management skills, students gain technical skills and knowledge at an advanced level.
The Faculty seeks to make the postgraduate experience both challenging and rewarding and, by working closely with industry, strives to ensure the industrial relevance of its programmes.
The aims of the programme are:
- To provide students with an enhanced base of knowledge in current and reflective practice necessary to support a career in computer systems and software engineering at advanced professional level
- To provide students with enhanced specialist knowledge in the area of computer systems and software engineering which build upon studies at the undergraduate level
- To develop an extensive insight into industrial applications and requirements of computer systems and software engineering
- To develop a comprehensive knowledge of ICT tools and techniques used in computer systems and software engineering.
- Strategy and Management (15 credits)
- Research Methodology (15 credits)
- Engineering of Advanced Distributed Systems (30 credits)
- Real-time Embedded Systems (15 credits)
- Design of Embedded Systems (15 credits)
- Advanced Database Applications (15 credits)
- Database Security and Administration (15 Credits)
- Individual Project and Dissertation (60 credits)
Information for international students
Where English is not the first language, an appropriate English language qualification is required, such as IELTS scoring 6.0, with a minimum 5.5 in each skill.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries
- 020 8331 9000