Applicants should have: A good first degree in information systems or another computing related subject. • Potential applicants who have substantial commercial or industrial experience but who lack formal qualifications should seek an interview with the programme leader.
Months of entry
This programme is aimed at students who require both academic and technical training in advanced information technology. It is designed to meet the needs of practising IT professionals and to foster an appreciation of the theoretical foundations and academic framework for such personnel. It also provides an entry point to the IT industry for graduates by supplying high-level technical training to supplement the academic content.
The programme is of particular interest to those who wish to develop enterprise-level database systems. It is supported by Oracle technology, which is widely used in industry for a diverse range of information needs. Those working in the IT industry, as well as anyone seeking a higher academic qualification in database technology and information systems, gain practical skills in Oracle technology (which are in short supply) and are able to develop database systems using the latest technology. Students also acquire the project management skills necessary for IT consultancy and strategic decision making.
Through our short course centre opportunity may also be provided to study for the following professional qualifications: Microsoft Technology Associate Exams; Certified Professional Java SE Programmer; Java Certified Associate; Oracle Certified Associate (OCA).
- Project and Dissertation (60 credits)
- Database Architectures and Technology (15 credits)
- Database Tools (15 credits)
- Data Warehousing (15 credits)
- Enterprise Systems Integration (15 credits)
- Systems Administration and Security (15 credits)
- User-Centred Web Engineering (15 credits)
- One 15-credit option from: Big Data; Enterprise Software Engineering Development; Mobile Application Development (15 credits)
- One 15-credit option from: Programming Enterprise Components; Network Architectures and Services, System Modelling (15 credits)
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries
- 020 8331 9000