Applicants should have: A good first degree in information systems or a computing-related degree. • Applicants with substantial commercial or industrial experience but lacking in formal qualifications should seek an interview with the programme leader.
Months of entry
We live in a world increasingly dependent upon the use of technology and information. The art of representing information by technology is fast becoming an inexact and blurred science. The information engineer of the future must be equipped with the appropriate skills to meet these challenges. Managing various aspects of information systems used by companies is one of the key skills required by computing and IT specialists.
This programme aims to provide students with a sound knowledge of planning and control of information systems. It gives students the skills and knowledge of tools to build effective systems incorporating databases and front-end, web-based technologies.
The programme develops students' ability to critically analyse information and effectively apply methods to understand information and information systems. Students are able to make informed decisions concerning the use of information systems in a business environment. In addition, they develop the project management skills required for IT consultancy and strategic decision making.
Through our short course centre opportunity may also be provided to study for the following professional qualifications: Microsoft Technology Associate Exams and Oracle Certified Associate (OCA).
- Project (60 credits)
- Requirements Analysis and Methods (15 credits)
- Strategic IT (15 credits)
- Software Tools and Techniques (15 credits)
- Project Management (15 credits)
- Outsourcing and IT Management (15 credits)
- System Modelling (15 credit)
- One 15-credit option from: Web and Intranet Content Management, Managing IT Security and Risk, Systems Design and Development (15 credits)
- One 15-credit option from: Audit and Security, User Experience Design, Systems Development, Management and Governance (15 credits)
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries
- 020 8331 9000