Applicants should have: A good relevant first degree in computer science or a related discipline PLUS a good working knowledge of computer programming in a language such as Java, C or C# although C is also acceptable. • Practicing professionals with substantial appropriate experience are also welcome to apply and should seek an interview with the programme leader.
Months of entry
This programme involves advanced software engineering modelling and architecting concepts and practice for designing and building modern enterprise software systems. It includes an understanding of system administration and security, distributed programming, contemporary software technologies and a critical understanding of enterprise architectures, frameworks and strategies for building Internet-enabled enterprise systems.
The main tasks facing industry at the moment involve the design and development of new Internet-enabled systems, the integration of legacy systems into intranets and extranets, and advanced Internet publishing. There is a recognised need for the efficient management of the software engineering process using modern approaches to software development management and system administration.
- Project (60 credits)
- System Development, Management and Governance (15 credits)
- Enterprise Patterns and Frameworks (15 credits)
- Enterprise Software Engineering Development (15 credits)
- Programming Enterprise Components (15 credits)
- Mobile Application Development (15 credits)
- Enterprise System Integration (15 credits)
- One 15-credit option chosen from: Data Architectures and Technologies; Clouds, Grids and Virtualisation; User Centred Web Engineering; Big Data (15 credits)
- One 15-credit option chosen from: Enterprise Web Programming; Mobile and Network Technologies; Database Tools; System Administration and Security; Business Intelligence and Data Mining (15 credits)
There is also a pressing need for people with skills in designing, building and maintaining modern enterprise systems, project management and management of the software engineering process. These skills should be accompanied by an appreciation of the business context and market forces behind the new technologies.
This programme educates students in the theory, practice, tools and applications necessary for the design, management and deployment of enterprise computing systems. Students can choose options specialising in network technologies, data architectures and database technologies, web services and clouds, or user centred and interactive systems.
Through our short course centre opportunity may also be provided to study for the following professional qualifications: Microsoft Technology Associate Exams; Certified Professional Java SE Programmer; Java Certified Associate.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- 0800 005 006
- 020 8331 8145