Applicants should have:
- A UK or equivalent degree at 2:2 or above
- GCSE English language and mathematics at grade C or above (or equivalent).
In addition candidates must:
- Currently be employed as an unqualified teacher, in a secondary school which will support your application
- Have 2-3 years or more teaching experience in two schools across two or more consecutive age ranges (key stages) within the past 5 years
- Provide evidence that the standard of your teaching to date is 'good' or 'outstanding' via in-school formal performance assessment
- Pass pre-entry numeracy and literacy skills tests before the assessment period can begin.
Months of entry
For those of you who are experienced but unqualified teachers, our Assessment Only route will lead to a formal qualification. You are assessed during our short three month programme on the basis of your significant experience in schools.
You will develop a portfolio of evidence against the Teachers' Standards guided by an assessment development plan. You will also be observed teaching in the school where you are employed by senior leaders and a university tutor.
We currently offer this programme for experienced teachers employed in secondary schools in the areas of science, maths, modern languages, PE, dance and music .
The quality of teacher training in Secondary education was rated as "Good" in Ofsted report for Initial Teacher Education 2016. The report stated that "the good breadth in subject training informs trainees well and prepares them securely to teach across the age range and scope of their subjects."
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- 020 6331 9000