Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
A good honours degree (2:2 or above) from a UK university or an equivalent qualification
Plus at least grade B mathematics A level or equivalent subject knowledge.
Equivalence, as determined by the provider, will be:
1. Any Level 3 qualification strongly linked to mathematics, at grade B or above, e.g. Finance or Economics A Level, at grade B or above.
2. A degree in mathematics or more than one module within any degree strongly and clearly related to mathematics – this will be at level 4, 5 or 6 e.g. a statistics module within a psychology degree.
We also accept:
- BTEC/National Diploma
- International Baccalaureate
- Advanced Vocational Certificate of Education
Months of entry
Do you have a passion for engaging children? Do you want to elevate their enthusiasm for mathematics? If so, this PGCE in Primary Mathematics is the ideal option.
Schools are keen to employ primary teachers who specialise in maths at primary level. Our PGCE in Primary Mathematics (postgraduate and professional routes) covers all primary subjects but allows you to focus on maths. It will help you develop your knowledge and skills to teach in primary schools and help you understand the National Curriculum and the key learning needs of children.
We have exciting partnerships with schools, focusing in the urban inner-city, where you will be able to learn the professional values of teaching. We have exciting partnerships with schools, focusing in the urban inner-city. You will be able to train in two consecutive age ranges:
- Key Stage 1 + Key Stage 2
- Key Stage 2 (covering ages 7-9 and 9-11)
Over a significant placement, you will develop your professional practice so you can meet the broad demands of the profession. This PGCE provides a competitive edge in terms of career opportunities and will help you progress to mathematics subject leader or primary specialist.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- 020 8331 9000