Applicants should have: A degree (2.2 or equivalent) in electrical and/or electronic engineering or communications engineering/technology. • Students without a first degree but with professional and vocational experience (e.g. incorporated engineer or chartered engineer status) may be considered if they demonstrate the potential to succeed on the programme. • Students educated in a language other than English should have an IELTS score of 6.0 or above with no skill less than 5.5.
Months of entry
This programme extends and combines the technical knowledge acquired on undergraduate programmes in electronics and/or communications engineering. It covers communications engineering and the electronics of communications engineering in a broad sense, with in-depth study in selected areas. Option courses provide the opportunity to further tailor the programme to meet personal needs, with subject specialisms underpinned by a major research project. Many of the projects reflect the key interests of the Faculty, such as electronics, embedded systems, communication systems and analogue electronics. There is the opportunity for projects to be derived from out industrial links, and a number are proposed by students, reflecting their own personal interests or experience.
The aims of the programme are:
- To provide an enhanced base of knowledge and current and reflective practice necessary to initiate a career in electronics and communications at the professional engineer level
- To enhance specialist knowledge in the area of electronics and communications which build upon studies at the undergraduate level
- To further develop improved skills of independent learning and critical appraisal
- To develop an extensive insight into industrial applications and requirements
- To develop critical insight of management issues relating to engineering business
- To develop a comprehensive knowledge of leading-edge ICT tools and techniques in electronics and communications
- To provide the ability to progress to the next level of study.
- Research Methodology (15 credits)
- Mixed signal Electronics (15 credits)
- Design of Electronic System (15 credits)
- Strategy and Management (15 credits)
- Multiple Technology Integration (15 credits)
- Individual Project and Dissertation (60 credits)
- Two options from: Internet Electronics (15); Engineering of Advanced Distribution Systems (30); Advanced Communications Technology (30) (45 credits)
Information for international students
Students educated in a language other than English should have an IELTS score of 6.0 or above with no skill less than 5.5.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries
- 020 8331 9000