Applicants should have: A degree (2.2 or equivalent qualification) in electrical and/or electronic engineering. • Students without a first degree but with professional and vocational experience (e.g. incorporated engineer or chartered engineer status) may be considered if they demonstrate the potential to succeed on the programme. • Students educated in a language other than English should have an IELTS score of 6.0 or above with no skill less than 5.5.
Months of entry
Embedded systems are at the heart of many engineering devices. Building on a first degree in electrical/electronic engineering, this programme explores how embedded systems are designed and implemented in both hardware and software. The programme develops students' technical skills and knowledge at an advanced level, as well as their analytical and management skills. Specific subject specialism is underpinned by a major research project. Many of the projects reflect the key interests of the Faculty, such as electronics, embedded systems, communication systems and analogue electronics. There is the opportunity for projects to be derived from out industrial links, and a number are proposed by students, reflecting their own personal interests or experience.
The aims of the programme are:
- To provide an enhanced base of knowledge and current and reflective practice necessary to initiate a career in embedded system at that professional engineer level
- To enhance specialist knowledge in the area of embedded systems which build upon studies at the undergraduate level
- To further develop improved skills of independent learning and critical appraisal
- To develop an extensive insight into industrial applications and requirements
- To develop critical insight of management issues relating to engineering business
- To develop a comprehensive knowledge of leading-edge ICT tools and techniques in embedded systems
- To provide the ability to progress to the next level of study.
- Research Methodology (15 credits)
- Embedded Internet Electronics (15 credits)
- System Design and Testing (15 credits)
- Real-Time Embedded Systems (15 credits)
- Mixed signal Electronics (15 credits)
- Advanced Programmable Logic (15 credits)
- Strategy and Management (15 credits)
- Multiple Technology Integration (15 credits)
- Individual Project and Dissertation (60 credits)
Information for international students
Students educated in a language other than English should have an IELTS score of 6.0 or above with no skill less than 5.5.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries
- 020 8331 9000