Applicants should have: A first degree, 2.2 or above, in engineering OR an equivalent qualification. • Students without a first degree but with professional and vocational experience (e.g. incorporated engineer or chartered engineer status) may be considered if they demonstrate the potential to succeed on the programme. • Students educated in a language other than English should have an IELTS score of 6.0 (with a minimum of 5.5 in each skill) or an equivalent rating in another language testing system. Alternatively, students can enter via the University of Greenwich International Pre-Masters' Programme.
Months of entry
Two-thirds of this programme consists of a research project that enables the student to develop significant expertise in a particular subject. This is complemented by options from the School's portfolio of Master's programmes.
The programme is ideal for an industry-based project and/or student. Research can be drawn from across the School's areas of interest and expertise, which include manufacturing systems, control and instrumentation, and bulk solids handling.
Recent research topics include:
- The influence of product temperature upon adhesion to impact zones in process plants.
- The design, construction and testing of a test rig to evaluate elutriation segregation; caking problems due to coal-biomass mixes in silos; and approaches for inhibition of cake formation.
- The development of a fully automated elutriation tester.
- The use of standpipes as a means of allowing the development of full outlet area activation when used in conjunction with preferential flow channel feeders.
- A comparison of flow properties of coal, biomass and their mixes using small and large anular shear cells.
- Strategy and Management (15 credits)
- Research Methodology (15 credits)
- Research Project and Dissertation (120 credits)
- Two options from a range offered by the School (30 credits)
Information for international students
Students educated in a language other than English should have an IELTS score of 6.0 or above or an equivalent rating in another language testing system. Alternatively, students can enter via the University of Greenwich International Pre-Masters' Programme.
Qualification and course duration
MSc by research
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries
- 020 8331 9000