Applicants should have: A good degree (2.2 or above) in an engineering or computing discipline or an equivalent qualification. • Students educated in a language other than English should have an IELTS score of 6.0 or above with no skill less than 5.5. • Students without a first degree but with professional and vocational experience, (e.g. incorporated engineer (IEng) or chartered engineer (CEng) status) are considered on an individual basis.
Months of entry
This programme aims to develop and train graduates with state-of-the-art technical and management knowledge that is urgently needed by our increasingly competitive and global industry. The programme blends software engineering principles, research methodology and database technologies to help broaden the skills and experience of the graduate student.
This programme benefits from the research expertise of the Centre for Innovation Product Development, namely in the area of database and semantic techniques for knowledge-based systems.
The programme has been designed to produce graduates who will assume the responsibility in the acquisition or the design and development of information systems. Due to the strong technical focus on database technologies, students will be well-positioned to pursue industrial certification such as Oracle OCA after graduation.
Stuents will benefit from a range of enterprise software applications such as Oracle 11g (database administration), APEX (web-based application), Adobe Dreamweaver (mobile development).
Previous graduates have been working in a range of fields including IT consultancy, logistics, sales engineering and software development, and overseas government agencies.
The aims of the programme are:
- To provide students with an enhanced base of knowledge and current and reflective practice necessary to initiate a career in information and communication technology at the professional engineer level
- To enhance specialist knowledge in the area of information and communications technology which build upon studies at the undergraduate level.
- Strategy and Management (15 credits)
- Research Methodology (15 credits)
- E-Technology (30 credits)
- Engineering of Advanced Distributed Systems (30 credits)
- Advanced Database Applications (15 credits)
- Database Security and Administration (15 credits)
- Individual Project (60 credits)
Information for international students
Where English is not the first language, an appropriate English language qualification is required, such as IELTS scoring 6.0 or above with no skill less than 5.5.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries
- 020 8331 9000