Applicants should have: A degree (2.2 or above BEng or BSc Hons or equivalent in a Mechanical or Electrical/Electronic discipline) • Candidates should be in employment and have at least one year's post graduate experience in their place of employment • Students who do not have English as their first language must have an IELTS score of 6.0 (with a minimum of 5.5 in each skill) or an equivalent rating in another recognised language testing system.
Months of entry
The MSc Professional Engineering is for practising engineers who want to enhance their knowledge to improve performance, to progress their careers and to ultimately achieve Chartered Engineer status.
The MSc Professional Engineering is a unique opportunity to earn a Master’s degree whilst maintaining full-time employment. This is achieved by completing a series of work-based learning courses that provide candidates with the opportunity to meet agreed learning outcomes.
Candidates on this programme are expected to have the expertise to understand, evaluate critically and apply advanced engineering techniques within the workplace through project to earn credit.
The aims of the programme are:
- To provide an opportunity for the student to critically review the MSc programme of study and reflect on the benefits to his/her career
- To encourage students to appreciate that learning is an inherent part of a professional engineer's career, the student is required to consider any remaining requirements for CEng and future development opportunities.
- Entry Gateway to MSc Professional Engineering (15 credits)
- Current Engineering Technology (30 credits)
- Major Project (60 credits)
- Exit Gateway to MSc Professional Engineering (15 credits)
- Post graduate Professional Development (30 credits)
- Future Engineering Technologies and Practice (30 credits)
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- 020 8331 9000