Applicants should have: EITHER a first degree (2.2 or above) in an engineering or computer-related discipline OR a professional engineering qualification. • Students educated in a language other than English should have an IELTS score of 6.0 or above with no skill less than 5.5.
Months of entry
This programme is aimed at graduates from a broad range of disciplines who are seeking to enhance their knowledge and skills within the field of communications systems. A proportion of such graduates may undertake the programme as part of a strategic career change, while others will be aiming to apply their knowledge of communications systems more effectively within their careers.
The programme develops student's technical skills and knowledge to an advanced level, as well as developing their professional, analytical and management skills. In particular, the aim of the programme is to blend engineering and management with information and communications technology, to broaden the skills and experience of the graduate engineer. The Faculty works closely with industry to ensure the industrial relevance of its programmes.
The aims of this programme are:
- To provide students with an enhanced base of knowledge and current and reflective practice necessary to initiate a career in wireless communications systems at the professional engineer level
- To enhance specialist knowledge in the area of wireless communications systems which build upon studies at the undergraduate level.
- Strategy and Management (15 credits)
- Advanced Microwave Engineering (15 credits)
- Advanced Communications Technology (30 credits)
- Research Methodology (15 credits)
- Advanced Mobile Communications (15 credits)
- Individual Project and Dissertation (60 credits)
- Two options from: Network Performance and Administration; Engineering and Management of Secure Computer Networks; E-Technology (30 credits)
Information for international students
Students educated in a language other than English should have an IELTS score of 6.0 or above with no skill less than 5.5.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries
- 020 8331 9000