Please visit here for current details on admissions requirements.
Months of entry
The European Economic Law LLM programme covers all the central aspects of European Union Law, including:
- Institutional law
- Judicial protection
- Substantive law (internal market)
- Environmental law
- Competition law
- Market regulation (including state aid)
- EU Trade Law
- The European protection of human rights
While the emphasis of the programme is on European Economic Law, there is also an opportunity to include European Human Rights Law in your programme. The programme is a combination of courses and dissertation, affording participants the opportunity to develop research skills and experience, as well as to acquire new knowledge or deepen their existing knowledge. The Department of European and Economic Law (which delivers the core of the programme) is a leading centre of expertise and publications in the field of European Law; teaching is research-based, offered by a staff which is at the forefront of legal scholarship, with an outstanding international reputation. It's a great team in which to work, and an excellent team with which to study European Economic Law.
Information for international students
Programme is taught entirely in English, as such candidates whose native language is not English must provide adequate evidence of proficiency in English. We accept the following tests:
- (International) internet TOEFL (to be sent in through our institutional code 7191): score of at least 92, all sections sufficient (so at least 21 on each section and at least 23 on the writing section);
- (Academic) IELTS Academic (British Council’s English Language Test): score of at least 6.5, all sections sufficient (so at least 6.0 on each section and at least 6.5 on the writing section);
- CPE, Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English;
- CAE, Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English.
Fees and funding
Please see the University of Groningen Grantfinder.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- LLM by research
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- +31 50 363 9111