Please visit here for current details on admissions requirements.
Months of entry
The LLM programme in Global Criminal Law focuses on the application of criminal law – both substantive and procedural - in the context of global criminality, including organised, transnational, and international criminality. This track offers you the two-fold opportunity to study substantive and procedural criminal law from a comparative and international perspective but also to specialise in the study of specific criminal behaviour: organised and financial crimes, cybercrimes and international crimes.
By studying in the one year LLM track in Global Criminal Law, you will join a very dynamic and vibrant environment which attracts students from all around the world. The programme offers a unique insight into transnational criminality and you will benefit from the expertise of renowned academics as well as from specific training into research and presentation skills, with a view to fully equip you for careers within international organizations and judicial institutions as well as within intergovernmental and national government agencies.
Information for international students
Programme is taught entirely in English, as such candidates whose native language is not English must provide adequate evidence of proficiency in English. We accept the following tests:
- (International) internet TOEFL (to be sent in through our institutional code 7191): score of at least 92, all sections sufficient (so at least 21 on each section and at least 23 on the writing section);
- (Academic) IELTS Academic (British Council’s English Language Test): score of at least 6.5, all sections sufficient (so at least 6.0 on each section and at least 6.5 on the writing section);
- CPE, Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English;
- CAE, Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English.
Fees and funding
Please see the University of Groningen Grantfinder.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- LLM by research
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- +31 50 363 9111