Please visit here for current details on admissions requirements.
Months of entry
Increasing globalization and regional integration creates the need for good knowledge of international commercial law. This knowledge is especially important if you wish to enter a career in the field of international private law and when you are planning of becoming a lawyer working in internationally operating private firms or law firms. The one year LLM programme in International Commercial Law covers specialization in (international) commercial law, especially with regard to contracts and subjects of contracts, as well as the solving of (commercial) disputes when needed.
Information for international students
Programme is taught entirely in English, as such candidates whose native language is not English must provide adequate evidence of proficiency in English. We accept the following tests:
- (International) internet TOEFL (to be sent in through our institutional code 7191): score of at least 92, all sections sufficient (so at least 21 on each section and at least 23 on the writing section);
- (Academic) IELTS Academic (British Council’s English Language Test): score of at least 6.5, all sections sufficient (so at least 6.0 on each section and at least 6.5 on the writing section);
- CPE, Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English;
- CAE, Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English.
Fees and funding
Please see the University of Groningen Grantfinder.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- LLM by research
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- +31 50 363 9111