An honours degree (at least 2:2) in any subject area or relevant professional qualification combined with managerial experience. Other academic qualifications such as HNDs will be considered on a case by case basis where they are combined with managerial level experience. Managerial experience to be considered must be more than ten years in accounting or finance management role.
Months of entry
Hertfordshire’s MSc Accounting and Financial Management is all about developing the knowledge you need to interpret and use financial information, so you can make informed, intelligent business decisions.
If you don’t have a background in accounting and finance, it will help you build the skills you need to move into this sector and shape a career in business, banking or financial management. If you’ve already studied or worked in accountancy or finance, this Master’s course is an outstanding opportunity to explore your subject in greater depth – and from diverse new perspectives.
Studying as a postgraduate here at Hertfordshire, you’ll have the opportunity to work with a body of the latest academic knowledge, learning how to apply it in a managerial context. Exploring its concepts and applications will help you develop higher-level analytical skills, enabling you to critically examine business challenges from an accounting and finance perspective.
While completing this Master’s course won’t give you exemptions from professional accounting exams, it will give you an excellent postgraduate-level understanding of your subject and a firm foundation for further development.
Hertfordshire Business School has close relationships with a whole range of accounting and finance professional bodies, which means our postgraduate teaching – and your learning – is informed by the latest industry best practice. We also collaborate with leading organisations from both the public and private sector, bringing fascinating real-world insights into all of our courses.
Why choose this programme?
- This professional Master’s enables you to build hugely valuable decision-making strategies, making you a valuable asset to any organisation.
- As well as developing strong academic knowledge, you’ll be exposed to real-world situations which underpin and apply what you’ve learnt.
- With accounting and finance experts sought after across every sector, this Master’s course opens up incredibly diverse career possibilities.
- Hertfordshire’s excellent student / lecturer ratio means you’ll benefit from inspiring teaching, expert insights and all the support you need.
- With access to outstanding learning resources, 24 hours a day, you can access the very latest thinking and maximise your learning.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- University Switchboard
- +44 (0)1707 284800