Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
he normal entry requirements for the programme are:
- An honours degree of at least 2:2 classification, in a business or non business-related discipline, from a UK University; or
- The equivalent of the above from a recognised University overseas; or
- A degree equivalent professional qualification recognised by the Programme Leader; or
- A Pre-Masters course recognised by the University; or
- Equivalent qualifications to be assessed by the Programme Leader and Admissions Tutor
- GCSE English language and Maths grade A-C (or equivalent)*
*If you do not have the required level of English for entry, our academic English courses can help you to achieve this level.
- Be employed in a position that enables an insight into an organisation’s strategy and daily operations, and ideally with defined responsibilities such as the supervision/direction of the work of other employees and/or budgetary control
- Applicants may be accepted who do not have the required academic qualification but have at least three years’ demonstrable substantive work experience, with the agreement of the Admissions Tutor, Programme Leader and their Head of Department. See ‘Non-Standard Applicants’ section, below
Months of entry
If you’d like to build on your business or management experience, deepen your knowledge and open up new career possibilities, this degree is an exciting opportunity to fit postgraduate study around your existing work schedule.
When you graduate, you’ll not only achieve an MSc in Business and Organisational Strategy, but also a Chartered Management Institute (CMI) Level 7 extended diploma in Management and Leadership. This highly respected diploma also gives you exemptions from some of the CMI’s additional qualifications, so if you’re aiming for Chartered Manager status, you’ll achieve it sooner.
Why choose this course?
- It’s been specifically designed to fit flexibly around your working life, with block study and additional academic support.
- The course is an ideal opportunity for existing managers planning to progress their careers by moving into senior leadership roles.
- Working alongside your studies, you’ll be able to directly and immediately apply what you learn. Professional Accreditations
This University of Hertfordshire dual-award postgraduate course has been created with the Chartered Management Institute (CMI), giving you a Level 7 Extended Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership as well as a Master’s qualification.
Your Diploma also gives you eligibility for Chartered Manager recognition, enabling you to be quicker in achieving this status.
Information for international students
Where English is not the first language an IELTS score of 6.5, or 6.0 plus completion of the University’s four-week English course, or equivalent, is required.
All students from non-majority English speaking countries require proof of English language proficiency. The following qualifications and grades will be considered:
- IELTS 6.5 (with no less than 5.5 in any band)
Other English language tests are accepted.
Fees and funding
Tuition fees are charged annually. The fees quoted above are for the specified year(s) only. Fees may be higher in future years, for both new and continuing students. Please see the University’s Fees and Finance Policy (and in particular the section headed “When tuition fees change”), for further information about when and by how much the University may increase its fees for future years.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time36 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Dr Rachelle Andrews