Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
A good honours degree (2.2) in a business or related discipline. Demonstrated English proficiency at an IELTS score of 6.5 or equivalent.n order to participate actively and effectively in the IBSA Program, students must have a sound basis of knowledge in business and economics at the undergraduate level. They must therefore hold at least a second lower class degree relevant (or cognate) to business management (e.g., bachelor’s degrees in business, economics, accounting, finance or management). If they have another bachelor’s degree, it is necessary to give proof of participation in several business classes and/or provide proof of additional relevant skills or professional experience.
Months of entry
The University of Hertfordshire’s MSc Global Business is part of the innovative International Business School Alliance (IBSA) dual Master’s degree programme. It is an exciting opportunity to study in two countries, at two highly respected institutions, gaining two prestigious Master’s degrees (one of which could be an MBA) and a distinct career advantage in one life-changing year.
You will either spend your first semester studying a powerful set of core subjects with us at Hertfordshire, before choosing one of six specialisations, or you could join us for your specialisation. Each of these is based at a different international institution with an excellent reputation in that field, so as well as studying at Hertfordshire, you will be able to travel to Paris, Moscow, Bremen, Valencia or North Carolina to study abroad.
The programme is offered in full-time (one calendar year) mode and leads to the award of an MSc Degree in Global Business. Entry is normally at level 7 (with a cognate first degree qualification). The intake here at Hertfordshire may be semester A (September) for compulsory subjects or semester B (January) for the specialisation and project.
To achieve your dual degree, you will need to successfully study at two different institutions. When you graduate, you will be awarded a sought-after Master’s from each. Along the way you will develop new language skills, supporting future career opportunities in the UK and overseas.
By tailoring your postgraduate study around your own strengths, interests and ambitions, you will create a distinctive degree that helps you carve out the career you really want. You will be equipped with the business understanding, in-depth specialist skills, international experience and language abilities you need to stand out in today’s competitive global business world.
Whichever institution you travel to, IBSA’s focus on theoretical and empirical postgraduate learning enables you to become a truly exceptional business professional, with a strong network of colleagues and outstanding career possibilities all over the world.
- Hochschule Bremen’s International MBA is approved by the Bremen State Government and accredited by ZEvA (Zentrale Evaluations und Akkreditierungsagentur Hannover).
- Universitat de Valencia’s MA International Business is accredited by ANECA (National Agency for Quality and Accreditation) and the Valencian Quality and Accreditation Agency.
- The Russian Presidential Academy’s MSc in International Management is accredited by EPAS and the Academy of National Economy under the Government of the Russian Federation and the Federal Agency of Education of the Russian Federation.
- The University of North Carolina Wilmington’s International MBA is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) and by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS).
Information for international students
All students from non-majority English speaking countries require proof of English language proficiency. The following qualifications and grades will be considered:
- GCSE English language grade A-C
- IELTS 6.5 (with no less than 5.5 in any band)
Other English language tests are accepted.
Fees and funding
Tuition fees are charged annually. The fees quoted above are for the specified year(s) only. Fees may be higher in future years, for both new and continuing students. Please see the University’s Fees and Finance Policy (and in particular the section headed “When tuition fees change”), for further information about when and by how much the University may increase its fees for future years.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Dr. Andri Georgiadou
- +44 (0)1707 284000