A recent, good bachelors degree (e.g. honours degree from the UK) or equivalent in Computer Science or closely-related subject.
Applicants who do not wholly meet these requirements, but who are considered to have the professional experience, motivation or potential to succeed at the programme, may also be accepted.
Months of entry
This MSc can lead to a career such as a project manager, software engineer or developer of large-scale systems.
- This MSc is one of a range of advanced courses within our postgraduate masters programme in Computer Science, this particular course provides you with a specialism in software engineering.
- You will develop knowledge and skills in the models, methodologies, measures and tools that can be employed in software development considered as an engineering discipline.
- You will be taught by a highly-regarded and long-established computer science department with strong links to business.
- Half the research outputs in Computer Science at the University of Hertfordshire have been rated at world-leading or internationally excellent in the Research Excellence Framework (REF) 2014.
Information for international students
Applicants whose first language is not English must demonstrate sufficient competence in English to benefit from the Programme. This is normally demonstrated by recognised awards equivalent to an overall IELTS score of 6.0. Candidates who do not satisfy these requirements will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Fees and funding
Tuition fees are charged annually. The fees quoted above are for the specified year(s) only. Fees may be higher in future years, for both new and continuing students. Please see the University’s Fees and Finance Policy (and in particular the section headed “When tuition fees change”), for further information about when and by how much the University may increase its fees for future years.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time24-29 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- +44 (0)1707 284800