An honours degree (at least 2:2 or above) or equivalent professional experience. Applicants are also asked to provide a brief outline proposal for their major project (a short film of 10-20 mins), together with evidence of previous film, video, scriptwriting and/or other relevant short films made as an undergraduate and/or productions worked on in the industry. Applicants who do not meet this will need to provide an outline for adapting an existing story, such as an unproduced book or news story.
Months of entry
- Film and TV degree production provides an exciting opportunity to learn advanced producing, directing and screenwriting techniques and to build professional links within the UK and international film and television industry.
- This postgraduate degree provides a practical and intensive study of filmmaking in an environment that encourages experimentation, professional development and cutting edge ideas. Students work with up to date professional equipment and facilities and, as part of their Masters Degree, produce, direct or write a major film project with an individually tailored marketing and distribution strategy.
- The University of Hertfordshire film programmes and post-graduate school regularly host industry professionals who lecture and conduct workshops, seminars and tutorials. We work closely with the industry to enable students to connect directly with their future employers and mentors.
- The combination of creative, technical, practical and management skills make this course unique and our graduates highly successful, as employees or as independent filmmakers.
- See our MA Film and TV Vimeo Channel for showreels and alumni activity.
- Take a look at our MA Film & TV Production booklet.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- +44 (0)1707 284800