An honours degree (2:2 or above) or equivalent professional experience. In addition please supply any evidence of previous film, video, scriptwriting and/or other relevant experience. This may be short films made as an undergraduate and/or productions you have worked on in the industry. If you have not produced any video/film work or written any original scripts, please provide an outline for your major project (short 15-20 minute film / or feature length script).
Months of entry
- Film and TV degree production provides an exciting opportunity to learn advanced producing, directing and screenwriting techniques and to build professional links within the UK and international film and television industry.
- This postgraduate degree provides a practical and intensive study of filmmaking in an environment that encourages experimentation, professional development and cutting edge ideas. Students work with up to date professional equipment and facilities and, as part of their Masters Degree, produce, direct or write a major film project with an individually tailored marketing and distribution strategy.
- The University of Hertfordshire film programmes and post-graduate school regularly host industry professionals who lecture and conduct workshops, seminars and tutorials. We work closely with the industry to enable students to connect directly with their future employers and mentors.
- The combination of creative, technical, practical and management skills make this course unique and our graduates highly successful, as employees or as independent filmmakers.
- See our MA Film and TV Vimeo Channel for showreels and alumni activity.
- Take a look at our MA Film & TV Production booklet.
Information for international students
If you do not have the required level of English for entry, our academic English courses can help you to achieve this level.
- All students from non-majority English speaking countries require proof of English language proficiency, equivalent to an overall IELTS score of 6.5 with a minimum of 5.5 in each band.
- For country specific qualifications, please visit our Your Country page.
Fees and funding
Please see the funding page for more details.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- +44 (0)1707 284800