You would need to have an honours degree (2:2 or higher) or equivalent qualifications and/or experience. Overseas awards need to be recognised as equivalent by NARIC.
English language Grade 4 or above (Grade C or above under the old grading structure), or equivalent.
Applicants from non-English speaking countries must provide evidence of English language proficiency equivalent to overall IELTS score 7.0 with 6.5 minimum in each band. For country specific qualifications, please visit our Your Country page.
Previous Masters level study is considered for accreditation through the APCL process.
Non-certificated Masters level study might be accredited through the APEL process. This must be completed prior to beginning study on the programme.
Months of entry
This award is gained through taking any educational focus of interest in any of the chosen modules throughout study.
Students may choose to study any modules of interest. Modules are designed to enable students to focus on their own individual interests and professional priorities. This award enables experienced professionals to demonstrate the breadth of their experience and professional interests in creative and innovative ways. Less experienced professionals are supported in developing their professional interests in creative and innovative ways.
The MA Education is offered as part of a suite of awards available through the MA Education Framework.
Why choose this course?
The programme supports you in developing your knowledge and understanding of issues and practice through enquiry and research. The programme provides a range of module choices, but you are encouraged to bring your own ideas and focus on your own particular professional interests.
Through this programme you will:
- Develop and deepen your knowledge and understanding of issues relating to education practice through critical reflection, analysis and enquiry
- Develop your ability to critically analyse educational theory and how it links to practice
- Become a member of a supportive learning community and learn from professionals from a range of educational settings
- Become a successful practitioner researcher
Fees and funding
- Full time: £6,450 for the 2017 academic year
- Part time: If you decide to study this course on a part time basis you will be charged £540 per 15 credits for the 2017 academic year
- Full time: £12,100 for the 2017 academic year
- Part time: If you decide to study this course on a part time basis you will be charged £1010 per 15 credits for the 2017 academic year
*Tuition fees are charged annually. The fees quoted above are for the specified year(s) only. Fees may be higher in future years, for both new and continuing students. Please see the University’s Fees and Finance Policy (and in particular the section headed “When tuition fees change”), for further information about when and by how much the University may increase its fees for future years.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- +44 (0)1707 284870