An honours degree (at least 2:2 or above) in mechanical or automotive engineering. Other disciplines may be considered.
Months of entry
This MSc in Automotive Engineering is specifically designed to enhance the employment and promotional opportunities of graduates in mechanical and automotive engineering. The programme considers in depth key areas of automotive technology. Its integrated design covers both the technological and management aspects of the motor industry. The programme aims to:
- Equip you with the theory and the practice of relevant materials, technologies and analytical tools to provide solutions for automotive design and manufacturing problems
- Provide the opportunity for you to use creativity and innovation in the application of technology to the development of the automobile
- Focus on the links between vehicle programmes and the supporting skills of project management
- Develop your skills and application experience through case studies and project work
- Enhance your prospects of professional employment within the industry
Information for international students
International qualifications will be considered on the basis of their equivalence to UK qualifications, typically guided by a resource such as the National Academic Recognition Information centre (NARIC). Candidates will be required to demonstrate a suitable level of proficiency in written and spoken English. An IELTS score of 6.0 (or equivalent) would typically be required from candidates whose first language is not English. Candidates who do not satisfy these requirements will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
If you need to apply for a visa to enter the UK on acceptance to this course you will need to apply for an ATAS certificate before you are eligible to apply for UK entry clearance. Details of this requirement will be included in your offer. More information is available online.
If you do not have the required level of English for entry, our academic English courses can help you to achieve this level.
Fees and funding
Please see the funding page for more details.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- +44 (0) 1707 284800