- An honours degree at 2:1 or above,
- or equivalent professional qualification, in the biosciences or biochemistry, including an understanding of physiology and/or pharmacology;
- or a first or second class honours degree in pharmacy
- or a qualification in medicine, veterinary science or dentistry.
Months of entry
This programme gives you in-depth knowledge of the scientific basis of drug discovery and development, which has revolutionised the pharmaceutical industry in recent years. Our involvement with international drug companies has allowed us to keep our courses fully up-to-date. With our excellent facilities, emphasis on practical work, and teaching underpinned by the latest research, you will be qualified for research and development positions in pharmaceutical companies, as well as a wide range of other roles in industry.
The programme will have a heavy emphasis on practical work and will cover the following areas:
- Pharmacological and relevant physiological principles
- Molecular biology techniques in pharmacology
- The application of bioinformatics to drug discovery
- Quantitative aspects of pharmacology
- Case studies in drug discovery
- Molecular medicine
- Neuro-degenerative diseases
- Safety evaluation
- Research project
Information for international students
An IELTS score of 6.5 is required if English is not the first language.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries
- +44 (0)1707 284000