Applicants must have a 2.1 or first BSc honours degree in Psychology (or overseas equivalent).
Months of entry
This programme has been specifically designed for those intending to pursue a career in clinical psychology and to apply for a place on the professional Doctorate in Clinical Psychology, but it is also ideal for those interested in a research career or PhD in the area of clinical psychology and mental health. The programme enables students to gain detailed knowledge about modern theories and models in relation to psychopathology and psychological assessment as well as about effective psychological interventions and therapies. It also provides broad research training in quantitative and qualitative research, and offers education about the role of professional clinical psychologists along with training in essential clinical skills. The programme includes a Research Apprenticeship in clinical psychology which is a particularly attractive module enabling students to gain experience with professional research in clinical psychology.
- Designed to strengthen the research competence and academic profile of those intending to apply for professional training in clinical psychology
- Offers broad postgraduate research training in quantitative and qualitative research methods relevant to clinical psychology and mental health in general
- Includes a Research Apprenticeship in Clinical Psychology
- Provides education about the role of clinical psychologists as well as training in some essential professional clinical skills
- Uses a blend of adult learning approaches (i.e. lectures, seminars, group work, workshops) to engage students with the content of the taught modules
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- 01707 284800