A first degree in engineering or science.
Months of entry
The EngD is designed to integrate easily with your work and host organisation. It aims to:
- provide a rigorous Doctorate level environment within which important current and future engineering issues are investigated;
- develop your critical thinking skills and awareness of the application of technology into organisations
- develop your research and management skills, such as leadership and change management, necessary to deal with the complex issues in today's and future engineering business activities
- enable the effective management of innovation
- provide a supervisory environment that helps give guidance, review and advice on the development of your portfolio, specialist technological skills and the research process
Study on the EngD will require periodic attendance at the University. There is no requirement to study any taught modules on this Professional Doctorate research degree. However, as part of the EngD, students are required to undertake a programme of professional development which may include attendance at conferences and other professional meetings or training in specific methods and technologies. The key unique feature of the EngD is that it is based on a portfolio of research work. This more flexible approach replaces the traditional 'single topic' focus of a PhD. Your portfolio will centre on a key theme and investigate areas such as technical, business and process concepts. These projects should be linked closely with your day to day work for maximum benefit to both you and your company.
Information for international students
A minimum IELTS score of 6.0 or equivalent is required for those whom English is not their first language.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries
- +44 (0)1707 284000