Entry requirements for this course are normally:
- An Honours degree (2:2 or above) in a relevant subject or an equivalent professional qualification.
- Alternative qualifications and/or significant experience may be accepted, subject to approval.
- For applicants whose first language or language of instruction is not English you will need to meet the minimum requirements of an English Language qualification. The minimum of IELTS 6.0 overall with no element lower than 5.5, will be considered acceptable, or equivalent.
- All suitably qualified applicants are normally invited in for an informal chat with a portfolio or considered for admittance under alternative arrangements, such as a skype chat.
Months of entry
Our MA in Creative Pattern Cutting aims to combine advanced creative, aesthetic and technical design skills. You’ll normally have a degree in a related subject (fashion design practices) or may be seeking to develop fresh approaches to your professional practice. This course is suited to applicants who wish to develop a future career within the industry or who wish to advance their existing skills in this area. A portfolio of work or ideas is required for subject entry.
Fees and funding
In 2018/19 the full-time tuition fee for UK and EU postgraduate students on this course will be £6,500.
Tuition fees will cover the cost of your study at the University as well as charges for registration, tuition, supervision and examinations. For more information about funding, fees and finance for UK/EU students, including what your tuition fee covers, please see Fees and Finance. Please note that tuition fees for subsequent years of study may rise in line with inflation (RPI-X).
If you are interested in studying with us on a part-time basis, please visit our Fees and Finance pages for part-time fee information.
If you are an international student coming to study at the University of Huddersfield, please visit the International Fees and Finance pages for full details of tuition fees and support available.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Graduate Administrator (T511 & T211)
- 01484 471364