Entry requirements for this course are normally:
- An Honours degree (2:2 or above) in a relevant subject or an equivalent professional qualification.
- Alternative qualifications and/or significant experience may be accepted, subject to approval.
- For applicants whose first language or language of instruction is not English you will need to meet the minimum requirements of an English Language qualification. The minimum of IELTS 6.0 overall with no element lower than 5.5, will be considered acceptable, or equivalent.
- International students with qualifications in 'creative' or ‘practice' subjects should submit a portfolio of work with their application.
• All suitably qualified applicants are normally interviewed or considered for admittance under alternative arrangements. Interview will be by portfolio of practice based and/or theoretical work and a statement of intent.
Months of entry
The course focuses on providing students with the competencies necessary for successful architectural design. It encompasses advanced issues of design problem solving including aesthetics, sustainability, urban design, briefing development, design information management, the use of technology to support design development, and support for clients to ensure the successful delivery of benefits. This course is one of number operated within the Master’s suite in the School of Art, Design and Architecture which aims to encourage cross-disciplinary working.
This course provides students with the opportunity to get a well-rounded experience in architecture. Architectural teaching in Huddersfield has a history dating back over 90 years; the town is a fine example of buildings from the traditional to the modern; a number of which can be found in and around the University precinct. Huddersfield’s position mid-way between the cities of Leeds and Manchester means it is ideally placed to explore diversity in architecture at a range of scales within a regional and global context.
Information for international students
Applicants with qualifications in 'creative' or ‘practice' subjects should submit a portfolio of work with their application. You will need an English Language qualification. The minimum of IELTS 6.0 overall with no element lower than 5.5, will be considered acceptable, or equivalent.
Fees and funding
In 2018/19 the full-time tuition fee for UK and EU postgraduate students on this course will be £6,500.
Tuition fees will cover the cost of your study at the University as well as charges for registration, tuition, supervision and examinations. For more information about funding, fees and finance for UK/EU students, including what your tuition fee covers, please see Fees and Finance. Please note that tuition fees for subsequent years of study may rise in line with inflation (RPI-X).
If you are interested in studying with us on a part-time basis, please visit our Fees and Finance pages for part-time fee information.
If you are an international student coming to study at the University of Huddersfield, please visit the International Fees and Finance pages for full details of tuition fees and support available.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Department of Architecture and 3D Design (T543 and T544)
- 01484 472281