• An honours degree (2:2 or above) or an equivalent professional qualification.
In addition you must also have:
• Suitable and relevant current job/voluntary placement of at least 14 hours per week during Year 1 (for part-time students only)
• Relevant paid or voluntary experience working with young people or community groups
• Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)
Months of entry
This course is for those seeking a professional qualification in Youth and Community Work that is validated by the National Youth Agency and recognised by the Joint Negotiating Committee for Youth and Community Work.
You'll explore informal education and community development with young people and communities and you will build your knowledge of social policies and practices, including those surrounding discrimination and the promotion of equality. A significant amount of your learning also takes place whilst on placement. This course helps you progress into a diverse range of youth and community settings including youth and community work, youth offending, substance misuse, housing and alternative education. For those successfully completing the PgDip, you can progress to complete the full MA qualification.
You'll be taught by an outstanding team of teachers; in fact we've been ranked in the top five in the Guardian Guide for Education for the sixth year running. The course is supported by a team of senior lecturers who are also JNC recognised and who have extensive experience of youth and community work practice in the field.
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries (D342/D109PT)
- +44 (0)1484 478249