• An Honours degree (2:2 or above) or equivalent.
• A healthcare practitioner, registered with a professional body such as HCPC or NMC.
• An experienced clinician working in a role where they are able to provide practice education
SQN and SCPHN applicants must:
• Hold the appropriate community nursing qualification and have a minimum of 2 years relevant practice experience (NMC 2008 requirement).
• Negotiate access to a Practice Teacher with ‘sign off' status in order to provide supervision in relation to their Practice Teacher role and to supervise the final ‘sign-off' of the SCPHN / SPQ student at the end of their final placement.
• You may be eligible to gain accreditation for your prior learning towards this course.
Months of entry
We are proud that our course:
• Prepares healthcare practitioners for contemporary clinical teaching roles leading and supervising others involved in supporting learning and assessment in practice.
• Provides the opportunity for healthcare professionals to enhance their practice in relation to supporting the development of students, newly qualified staff and the existing workforce to ensure evidence based practice and a research focus is maintained.
• Is delivered and supported by experienced academic staff in the field.
• Provides you with opportunity to network with professionals from different disciplines and share best practice.
This course is aimed at health professionals wishing to develop mastery of practice teaching in a clinical setting. It provides the opportunity for clinicians to develop the ability to lead in the design, delivery and assessment of programmes of learning in a multi-disciplinary environment. For those registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) and a Specialist Practitioner Qualification (SPQ) or Specialist Community Public Health Nursing (SCPHN) qualification, it is an approved course leading to eligibility for recording a practice teaching qualification on a local register.
Fees and funding
This course may be eligible for funding from Health Education Yorkshire and the Humber.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Admissions Assistant (H721)
- +44 (0) 1484 472561