You should: • Possess an Honours degree in Podiatry or an equivalent qualification. Individuals without Honours or with a Diploma in Podiatric Medicine will be considered on an individual basis by the admission team. • Be registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) or the relevant registration authority in your country of origin. • If you trained overseas, you must be registered with an appropriate governing body. For applicants whose first language or language of instruction is not English you will need to meet the minimum requirements of an English Language qualification. The minimum of IELTS 7.0 overall with no element lower than 6.5, will be considered acceptable, or equivalent. You may be eligible to gain accreditation for your prior learning towards this course.
Months of entry
This course currently offers:
• Teaching supported by the Northern Deanery of the Faculty of Surgeons.
• A multidisciplinary teaching team including consultant radiologists, radiographers and pharmacologists.
• The opportunity to gain Prescription Only Medicines (POMs) for Podiatrists registration with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
• Minimal disruption to your clinic time, as attendance on campus is required for just three one week blocks.
Podiatric surgeons undertake invasive surgery on the foot and ankle and manage a wide range of conditions surgically. This course offers qualified podiatrists the opportunity to expand and develop your knowledge and skills in this specialist area, equipping you with the competencies to start on the path to becoming a podiatric surgeon. The Surgical Faculty of the Society of Chiropodists and Podiatrists was involved with the development of this course to ensure that our provision meets the current needs of the profession and its existing training programmes.
Information for international students
• If you trained overseas, you must be registered with an appropriate governing body. The minimum of IELTS 7.0 overall with no element lower than 6.5, will be considered acceptable, or equivalent.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Admissions Assistant (H413)
- 01484 472561