• An Honours degree (2:2 or above) with at least 50% content in economics or business studies. If you've got an overseas degree, we'll need a full transcript of your award and details of the marking scheme used by the awarding institution.
• A GCSE grade C pass or equivalent in Mathematics and English.
• We would like you to have as much experience as possible in a secondary school in preparation for the course. We will ask you to provide a school experience report completed by a teacher in a school where you have completed at least 5 days experience.
• Offers will be subject to satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service enhanced disclosure check and trainees must not previously have been barred from teaching or working with children. We also ask you to complete a health declaration to ensure that you have the health and physical capacity to teach.
• You must have passed the skills tests in literacy and numeracy before you start the course and we ask you to register for the tests before interview.
• You must demonstrate that you can read effectively and are able to communicate clearly and accurately in Standard English.
• You should provide two references. If you are about to graduate or have graduated within the past three years, one referee should be a university or college lecturer who can comment on your academic ability.
These are the usual entry requirements. We do however encourage those with different or older qualifications to apply as we welcome people from different backgrounds.
All conditions must be met by 31 August 2017.
Months of entry
If you've got an undergraduate degree and are passionate about training to become a secondary school Business Education teacher, then studying our PGCE Secondary Education with QTS (Business Education) could be for you. You'll develop your subject specialist knowledge alongside hands-on classroom experience.
A significant amount of your learning will take place whilst on placement within one of our partnership schools. You'll benefit from being able to observe experienced teachers, gain practical hands-on experience and mentoring to help you develop into an outstanding and successful teacher.
Business Education is a popular curriculum subject which includes economics, accounting, business law and communications. It concerns the business aspects of organisations within their economic, political and social contexts including legal and human rights and the significance of the media along with the wider issues of global responsibility and interdependence.
Our course is designed to prepare you to teach in secondary school settings. Successful completion of your PGCE course prepares you to start your first teaching year (NQT year) within a secondary school or 16-19 setting.
Fees and funding
You can find more information about available training bursaries on the Department for Education's website.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries (N1X1)
- +44 (0) 1484 478249