Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
Entry requirements for Professional Practice courses are normally:
- An Honours degree (2:1 or above) or equivalent professional qualification, in any subject.
- Applicants with other appropriate professional qualifications and/or experience will be considered on an individual basis.
If your first language is not English, you will need to meet the minimum requirements of an English Language qualification. The minimum for IELTS is 7.0 overall with no element lower than 6.5 (a minimum of TOEFL 550 (Computer Based Toefl 213) score) or equivalent will be considered acceptable. Read more about the University’s entry requirements for students outside of the UK on our Where are you from information pages.
Months of entry
This course is specifically aimed at International students, supporting those wishing to gain practical work based experiential learning. Together with studying your chosen course we are offering an additional 6-month placement opportunity, making the course 18 months in length. This allows students to put into practice the skills and techniques developed throughout the Master’s degree within a UK environment after completing the 12-month taught programme.
The MSc in Business Intelligence and Analytics is designed for students with an interest in analytics, data visualisation and business decision making.
Businesses are becoming more and more interested in the high value-adding potential of data and advanced analytics. An incredible amount of data is generated at a very high speed, where businesses are keen to develop a digital culture within their organisation and attract highly skilled talent to support this.
- Enhance your knowledge and understanding of analytics techniques that support modern business needs.
- Develop the skills to extract, manipulate and visually communicate data, alongside a critical understanding of management science theories and techniques. You’ll explore the role these solutions play in solving real-world business problems and developing business intelligence.
- Highly demanded specialist software packages which are used in the industry have been incorporated to support teaching and develop your practical skills.
- The 18-month route has the opportunity to undertake a 6-month placement element at the end of the 12-month taught programme.
Fees and funding
Please check our website for fee information
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time18 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- +44 (0)1484 472956