Entry requirements for Professional Practice courses are normally:
- An Honours degree (2:1 or above) or equivalent professional qualification, in any subject.
- Applicants with other appropriate professional qualifications and/or experience will be considered on an individual basis.
If your first language is not English, you will need to meet the minimum requirements of an English Language qualification. The minimum for IELTS is 7.0 overall with no element lower than 6.5 (a minimum of TOEFL 550 (Computer Based Toefl 213) score) or equivalent will be considered acceptable. Read more about the University’s entry requirements for students outside of the UK on our Where are you from information pages.
Months of entry
January, April, September
This course provides a comprehensive study of core marketing principles, with additional focus on events studies, enabling you to prepare for a career in marketing in the international events industry.
From an international point of view, global events encompass a range of social, economic, cultural and political challenges to consider when marketing worldwide. Aimed at increasing your awareness of events from a critical perspective, this course has been designed to advance your understanding of events in a globalised marketing environment. The course is theoretically robust with an emphasis on applied critical thinking and analysis.
• We seek to maximise your opportunity to put marketing theory into practice through the use of live case studies and projects.
• Extensive use is made of current events examples highlighting successes and challenges faced by events practitioners when navigating the multi-faceted events industry.
• This course supports the development of critical thinkers able to consider all social, economic, cultural and political environments.
• The 18-month route has the opportunity to undertake a 6-month placement element at the end of the 12 month taught programme.
On this events studies route of our Marketing Masters, you will take a specialist module in Critical Events Studies. Further specialisation and an opportunity to pursue an area of events management that interests you or which you are passionate about is available through your choice of multidisciplinary option modules and research.
The course provides an additional 6-month professional practice placement opportunity at the end of the course. This allows students with limited experience to put the skills and techniques developed throughout the Master’s degree into practice. This option would be of particular interest to international students.
Fees and funding
Please check our website for fee information
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time18 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- +44 (0)1484 472956