Entry requirements for this course are normally:
- An Honours degree (2:2 or above). Applicants with a significant amount of HR experience but no formal qualifications may also be considered.
- All applicants will be invited to interview as part of the application process.
- Non-UK qualifications will be checked for equivalence.
If your first language is not English, you will need to meet the minimum requirements of an English Language qualification. The minimum for IELTS is 6.5 overall with no element lower than 6.0, or equivalent will be considered acceptable. Read more about the University’s entry requirements for students outside of the UK on our Where are you from information pages.
Months of entry
January, April, September
This course enhances your career development within the HR profession and gives Associate Membership of the CIPD, enabling you to apply for Chartered Membership when you become an established practitioner. Valued by employers, CIPD qualifications help you to develop the business understanding and technical knowledge that employers look for.
This programme is a blend of practical personal development and critical analysis of emerging HR trends and issues that organisations are currently experiencing. There is a focus on strategic thinking and understanding business challenges to prepare you for your future career in people management and organisational engagement.
In developing your HR, Leadership and Development, and business knowledge you show how relevant and practical HR is principles-led, evidence-based and outcomes-driven. This means everything you learn can be applied in the workplace.
• Develop knowledge and practical skills across a broad range of topics, aligned with the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) HR new Profession Map.
• After the course, you can continue to enhance your professional credibility. You will be awarded Associate member of CIPD, a professional level of membership, which demonstrates your professionalism in the workplace • After graduating, with relevant work experience you can apply to upgrade your membership to Chartered Member or Chartered Fellow.
Fees and funding
Please check our website for fee information
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- +44 (0)1484 472956