Applicants must currently work in a health or social care setting. You must be registered with a relevant statutory body such as the NMC or HCPC if you would like to undertake modules linked to UK professional body recognition. International students must be registered with a relevant professional body in their country of origin and will not be eligible for any NMC or HCPC recognition whilst undertaking this course or on its completion. An Honours degree (2:2 or above) or an equivalent professional qualification appropriate to that of the proposed programme to be followed. If you are not currently registered with either the NMC or HCPC and if your first language or language of instruction is not English you will need to meet the minimum requirements of an English Language qualification. The minimum of IELTS 6.5 overall with no element lower than 6.0, will be considered acceptable, or equivalent. If you have IELTS score of 6.0 with no less than a score of 6.0 in any one element your application will be reviewed on a case by case basis. If you are offered a place, you will be required to complete the English module AMP1234 in Music, Humanities and Media as a compulsory part of your course. If you have alternative qualifications or do not meet the IELTS requirement we may be able to offer a range of Pre-Sessional English Programmes. You may be eligible to gain accreditation for your prior learning towards this course.
Please note: NMC or HCPC registrants selecting the Supporting Learning in Practice module require access to a student from their profession in clinical practice and to meet the requirements of their statutory body for recognition.
Months of entry
We are proud that our course currently:
• Offers a wide range of option modules providing the opportunity to devise a course that meets your individual needs.
• Recognises your prior learning and may allow you to build on existing academic Master's level credit (for example Supporting Learning in Practice or Independent and Supplementary Prescribing) from this and other universities to obtain a Master's degree, subject to APL regulations.
• Is delivered by staff with specialist expertise within a range of areas, who are all actively involved in research, ensuring the course is up to date and informed by evidence.
• Has a key focus on helping you to further develop your knowledge and practice related to health and healthcare.
• Provides you with the opportunity to network with professionals from different disciplines and share best practice.
The course offers professionals from a variety of multidisciplinary backgrounds the opportunity to further develop and extend their particular area of practice. The course aims to increase the depth and breadth of your knowledge in health studies helping you to function at the leading edge of practice development and research. You will also have the opportunity to broaden your understanding and knowledge of global healthcare issues by studying with health professionals from elsewhere in the world.
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Admissions Assistant (H377 FT & H496 PT)
- 01484 472561