Entry requirements for this course are normally:
- An Honours degree (2:2 or above) in a relevant subject or an equivalent professional qualification.
- Alternative qualifications and/or significant experience may be accepted, subject to approval.
- International students with qualifications in 'creative' or ‘practice' subjects should submit a portfolio of work with their application.
- All suitably qualified applicants are normally interviewed or considered for admittance under alternative arrangements. Interview will be by portfolio of practice based and/or theoretical work and a statement of intent.
If your first language is not English, you will need to meet the minimum requirements of an English Language qualification. The minimum for IELTS is 6.0 overall with no element lower than 5.5, or equivalent will be considered acceptable. Read more about the University’s entry requirements for students outside of the UK on our Where are you from information pages.
Months of entry
The course focuses on providing students with the competencies necessary for successful architectural design. It encompasses advanced issues of design problem solving including aesthetics, sustainability, urban design, briefing development, design information management, the use of technology to support design development, and support for clients to ensure the successful delivery of benefits. This course is one of a number of courses operated within the Master’s suite in the School of Art, Design and Architecture which aims to encourage cross-disciplinary working.
This course provides students with the opportunity to get a well-rounded experience in architecture. Architectural teaching in Huddersfield has a history dating back over 90 years; the town is a fine example of buildings from the traditional to the modern; a number of which can be found in and around the University precinct. Huddersfield’s position mid-way between the cities of Leeds and Manchester means it is ideally placed to explore diversity in architecture at a range of scales within a regional and global context.
Fees and funding
Please check our website for fee information
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- +44 (0)1484 472281