Entry requirements for this course are normally:
* A BSc or BEng Honours degree (2:2 or above) in Computing or Engineering or scientific related subject or an equivalent professional qualification
* Applicants are expected to be familiar with and have some aptitude for Discrete Mathematics and Predicate Calculus
* Other qualifications and/or experience that demonstrate appropriate knowledge and skills at an Honours degree level - the qualification and experience should be in the area of Computer Science or Mathematics/Engineering
If your first language is not English, you will need to meet the minimum requirements of an English Language qualification. The minimum for IELTS is 6.5 overall with 6.0 in Writing and no element lower than 5.5, or equivalent will be considered acceptable. Read more about the University’s entry requirements for students outside of the UK on our [Where are you from](https://www.hud.ac.uk/international/where-are-you-from/) information pages.
Months of entry
This course in Artificial Intelligence (AI) is designed to meet the demand for a new kind of IT specialist with skills and knowledge in intelligent systems.
Recent developments in machine learning and the success of high profile AI applications have resulted in governments globally promoting the area as a central component of future technologies in many application areas. This course will aim to develop your knowledge and understanding to an advanced level across a range of areas including:
- autonomous systems
- knowledge representation and reasoning
- data mining
- machine learning
Graduates of this course will be equipped with an understanding of the fundamental approaches to implementing intelligent behaviour in machines. You will be able to match applications with appropriate AI techniques for their solution, and be able to construct and configure solutions using a range of AI technologies.
The course aims to enhance the technical effectiveness of recent graduates to industry specifically in the area of artificial intelligence.
For further information regarding our fees, please visit our website.
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Admissions (C365/C805)
- +44 (0)1484 473116