Entry requirements for this course are normally:
- An Honours degree (2:2 or above) in business computing/IS/ICT-related subject or an equivalent professional qualification.
- Other qualifications and/or experience that demonstrate appropriate knowledge and skills at an Honours degree level.
- Substantial (3 years) relevant industry experience in a management role.
If your first language is not English, you will need to meet the minimum requirements of an English Language qualification. The minimum for IELTS is 6.0 overall with no element lower than 5.5, or equivalent. Read more about the University’s entry requirements for students outside of the UK on our Where are you from information pages.
Months of entry
Enhance your computing skills and information technology (IT) knowledge with an MSc in Computing at The University of Huddersfield.
This advanced course aims to meet the industry demand for computer science and IT experts with advanced skills and competencies. This course has been designed to:
- Develop your skills to make critical enquiries and implement analytical approaches to complex IT practice
- Develop further proficiency in the theory and practice of software development, with the opportunity to specialise in advanced areas of software development
- Develop the skills to design and construct high quality software systems.
You’ll finish our computing course with a deeper understanding of systematic approaches, tools and techniques for systems development and the ability to embed them all within suitable frameworks to enable success. Our aim is to equip you with the skills for fast-tracking your career in IT.
Why study Computing at Huddersfield?
The IT industry is constantly evolving, and it is now incredibly challenging to keep up with the cutting- edge developments that industry is facing. Our Computing MSc has been designed to prepare you with the skills for work in this rapidly developing sector.
This course is fully accredited by the British Computer Society (BCS), the Chartered Institute for IT, and by completing it, you will have partially fulfilled the academic requirements for registration as a Chartered IT Professional.
A vibrant town surrounded by beautiful countryside, Huddersfield is a friendly and diverse place from which study, offering lots of things to do and see.
Fees and funding
Please check our website for fee information
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- +44 (0)1484 957507