Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
Entry requirements for this course are normally:
- An Honours degree (2:2 or above) in business computing/IS/ICT-related subject or an equivalent professional qualification.
- Other qualifications and/or experience that demonstrate appropriate knowledge and skills at an Honours degree level.
- Substantial (3 years) relevant industry experience in a management role.
If your first language is not English, you will need to meet the minimum requirements of an English Language qualification. The minimum for IELTS is 6.0 overall with no element lower than 5.5, or equivalent. Read more about the University’s entry requirements for students outside of the UK on our Where are you from information pages.
Months of entry
The IT industry is constantly evolving and it is now incredibly challenging to keep up with the cutting edge developments that industry is facing. Microsoft's research has identified two key areas for growth. Using LinkedIn data, they anticipate the need for more than three million skilled people in UK technology careers over the next five years.*
This course is aimed at sharing advanced knowledge across a broad range of Computer Science modules. It is suitable for those of you who wish to enhance your computing skills in order to improve your contribution in an IT-related industry or to pursue research and development in academia.
We want to support you in making an impact into the field of Computer Science. This course has been designed to:
- to extend development of your intellectual skills to facilitate critical enquiry and an analytical approach to complex IT practice
- to develop further proficiency in the theory and practice of software development, with the opportunity to specialise in advanced areas of software development.
- to develop the skills and attitudes required to design and construct high quality software systems that meet an identified requirement, relevant to contemporary employment markets.
- to master a critical appreciation of your specialist, technical role in the human and organisational context of technology, systems and people in the wider organisational environment.
We will provide you with with knowledge of systematic approaches, tools and techniques for systems development, and learn how to embed them all within suitable frameworks to enable success. Our aim is to equip you with the skills for fast-tracking your career in IT.
*Microsoft’s Get On 2021 campaign, Oct 2020.
Fees and funding
Please check our website for fee information
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- +44 (0)1484 957507