- A BSc or BEng Honours degree (2:2 or above) in Computing or Engineering or scientific related subject or an equivalent professional qualification.
- Applicants are expected to be familiar with and have some aptitude for basic Mathematics and basic Statistical concepts and methods
- Other qualifications and/or experience that demonstrate appropriate knowledge and skills at an Honours degree level - the qualification and experience should be in the area of Computer Science or Mathematics/Statistics
Months of entry
Our Master's course is designed to meet the demand for a new kind of IT specialist with the skills and knowledge in data science.
The total demand in ‘big data’ users is set to rise to around 644,000 across all industries. More connectivity means more data and UK companies are leading the way in collecting, processing and understanding it. It’s estimated that 31,000 people work in specialist big data roles in the UK and the talent pipeline, together with demand, should see that increase by 243% over the next 5 years.*
In order to address these demands, given the large amount of data collected by all kinds of organisations, graduates of the course aims to equip graduates with an understanding of:
- data mining techniques
- big data and associated file systems
- data visualisation
Graduates will ultimately be able to combine this knowledge to provide solutions to novel problems associated with the organisation and the analysis of data.
The course seeks to develop the ability to critically evaluate existing and emerging Data Science technology, apply knowledge, understanding and analytical and design skills in support of analytical and big data problems.
*invest.great.gov.uk, February 2019
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Admissions
- +44 (0)1484 473116