You should have an honours degree in a relevant subject at 2:2 or above, or a professional equivalent.
The University will determine whether a degree can be recognised as UK equivalent.
If your first language is not English, you will need to meet the minimum requirements of an English Language qualification. The minimum for IELTS is 6.0 overall with no element lower than 5.5, or equivalent will be considered acceptable. Read more about the University’s entry requirements for students outside of the UK on our Where are you from information pages.
Months of entry
January, April, September
On this course you’ll explore the increasingly international nature of higher education and analyse the impact of globalisation on education policy. You'll examine the dominant patterns of education that have arisen in response to the pressures of globalisation and global institutions.
Why Education (Internationalisation)?
- You’ll have the opportunity to examine the concept of the global knowledge economy and how it is affecting the international approach to higher education and evaluate the place of higher education in economic development.
- You’ll have the opportunity to develop an understanding of critical reflection and how to employ independent learning strategies to enable you to evaluate and inform your professional practice.You’ll also develop and deepen your knowledge and understanding of educational research and be able be able to use these skills in researching an aspect of the internationalisation of education for your dissertation.
- A further key component is the ability to exchange and share learning with and from others; you’ll have ample opportunities to work with students from a wide range of disciplines and organisations.
- The course is tailored around you.You can expand on your teaching and learning focus by choosing from a range of options to match your role, experience or organisation to help you progress as an informed, reflective and inspirational practitioner.
- You’ll be taught by an outstanding team of teachers, and will have access to our extensive professional and academic network which feeds directly into course design and delivery and to excellent facilities and specialist equipment.
Fees and funding
Please check our website for fee information
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- +44 (0)1484 478249