Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
You should have an honours degree in a relevant subject at 2:2 or above, or a professional equivalent.
The University will determine whether a degree can be recognised as UK equivalent.
If your first language is not English, you will need to meet the minimum requirements of an English Language qualification. The minimum for IELTS is 6.0 overall with no element lower than 5.5, or equivalent. Read more about the University’s entry requirements for students outside of the UK on our Where are you from information pages.
Months of entry
On this course you'll explore the role of mentoring and coaching and its role in supporting personal development in organisations.
Why Education (Mentoring and Coaching)?
- You’ll analyse relevant strategies and approaches, examining issues linked to implementing and managing mentoring/coaching schemes, you’ll also have the opportunity to consider the strategies that could be used within a session and the ethical issues that govern them. You’ll look at the roles of mentors and coaches and their ethical and professional responsibilities.
- You’ll have the opportunity to develop an understanding of critical reflection and how to employ independent learning strategies to enable you to evaluate and inform your professional practice.You’ll also develop and deepen your knowledge and understanding of educational research and be able be able to use these skills in researching an aspect of mentoring and coaching for your dissertation.
- A further key component is the ability to exchange and share learning with and from others; you’ll have ample opportunities to work with students from a wide range of disciplines and organisations.
- The course is tailored around you. You can expand on your teaching and learning focus by choosing from a range of options to match your role, experience or organisation to help you progress as an informed, reflective and inspirational practitioner.
- You’ll be taught by an outstanding team of teachers, and will have access to our extensive professional and academic network which feeds directly into course design and delivery and to excellent facilities and specialist equipment.
Fees and funding
Please check our website for fee information
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- +44 (0)1484 478261