Entry requirements for this course are normally:
- An honours degree in a relevant subject at 2:2 or above, or a professional equivalent
If your first language is not English, you will need to meet the minimum requirements of an English Language qualification. The minimum for IELTS is 6.0 overall with no element lower than 5.5, or equivalent. Read more about the University’s entry requirements for students outside of the UK on our Where are you from information pages.
Months of entry
This course will allow you to critically engage with current thinking about inclusive and special education. You'll study the changing cultural and historical attitudes to disability and reflect on the social changes that have encompassed disability rights, human rights and equality.
Why Education (Special Educational Needs)?
- You'll explore how our understanding of special educational needs and disabilities has developed and the impact this has on our understanding of inclusion. The course combines the theoretical knowledge with an exploration of what this means for educational practice from early years through to post-compulsory education.
- The course is tailored around you. You can expand on your special educational needs focus by choosing from a range of further options to match your role, experience or organisation to help you progress as an informed, reflective and inspirational practitioner.
- On this course, you’ll have the opportunity to develop an understanding of critical reflection and how to employ independent learning strategies to enable you to evaluate and inform your professional practice. You’ll also develop and deepen your knowledge and understanding of educational research and be able to use these skills in researching an aspect of special educational needs for your dissertation.
- You’ll be taught by an outstanding team of teachers. You’ll also have access to our extensive professional and academic network which feeds directly into course design and delivery and to excellent facilities and specialist equipment.
Fees and funding
Please check our website for fee information
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- +44 (0)1484 478261