You should have an honours degree in a relevant subject at 2:2 or above, or a professional equivalent.
The University will determine whether a degree can be recognised as UK equivalent.
If your first language is not English, you will need to meet the minimum requirements of an English Language qualification. The minimum for IELTS is 6.0 overall with no element lower than 5.5, or equivalent will be considered acceptable. Read more about the University’s entry requirements for students outside of the UK on our Where are you from information pages.
Months of entry
On this course you’ll extend your knowledge and understanding of the ideology and theory underpinning informal education with young people. You’ll have the opportunity to build your skills, specifically focusing on learning strategies, effective personal development, research and evaluation. You’ll be able to choose from a range of options to develop your professional practice and increase your confidence in your work and in working with others. The course provides a platform for research and evaluation and helps you apply high ethical standards in your practice and research.
Why Education (Youth and Community)?
- You’ll focus on learning strategies, effective personal development, research and evaluation. You’ll aim to expand your knowledge of professional practice, how to effectively work and support others and explore how personal development can raise standards in learner achievements.
- The course is tailored around you.You can expand on your technology by choosing from a range of options to match your role, experience or organisation to help you progress as an informed, reflective and inspirational practitioner.
- You’ll have the opportunity to develop an understanding of critical reflection and how to employ independent learning strategies to enable you to evaluate and inform your professional practice.You’ll also develop and deepen your knowledge and understanding of educational research and be able be able to use these skills in researching an aspect of informal education for your dissertation.
- You’ll be taught by an outstanding team of teachers, and will have access to our extensive professional and academic network which feeds directly into course design and delivery and to excellent facilities and specialist equipment.
Fees and funding
Please check our website for fee information
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- +44 (0)1484 478249