Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
- Have an honours degree in a relevant subject at 2:2 or above, or a professional equivalent.
- Have a minimum of two years full-time experience in teaching English to speakers of other languages.
- Be currently working as an ELT teacher.
- The University will determine whether a degree can be recognised as UK equivalent.
If your first language is not English, you will need to meet the minimum requirements of an English Language qualification. The minimum for IELTS is 6.5 overall with no element lower than 6.0, or equivalent will be considered acceptable. Read more about the University’s entry requirements for students outside of the UK on our Where are you from information pages.
Months of entry
If you are an experienced ELT teacher looking for a new challenge, this could be the course for you.The MA ELT (Distance Learning) provides you with the opportunity to extend your professional knowledge and skills and reflect on your own teaching and learning context. You will have the opportunity to pursue your own professional interests by either completing a Dissertation on a topic of your choice or taking our innovative Materials Development for TESOL module in which you design a set of teaching and learning materials for your own professional setting.
- You’ll develop your ability to engage critically with current issues in English Language Teaching.
- You’ll have the opportunity to critically analyse and apply current theories on language learning and teaching to practical situations.
- You’ll reflect on and enhance your own learning and professional practice in English Language Teaching.
We welcome applications from Home and International students.
Fees and funding
Please check our website for fee information
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time24 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- +44 (0)1484 257282