Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
Entry requirements for this course are normally:
- Have an honours degree at 2:2 or above, have studied at honours level or can demonstrate appropriate knowledge and skills at honours degree standard. We will consider other qualifications and experience on an individual case basis
- You must be registered with a professional body such as the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) or the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC)
If your first language is not English, you will need to meet the minimum requirements of an English Language qualification. The minimum for IELTS is 6.0 overall with no element lower than 5.5, or equivalent will be considered acceptable. Read more about the University’s entry requirements for students outside of the UK on our Where are you from information pages.
Months of entry
This course is aimed at newly qualified healthcare professionals from a variety of backgrounds who aspire to become clinical leaders. It provides an opportunity for you to develop and extend your professional practice in order to prepare you for a leadership role.
- The course is designed to increase the depth and breadth of your knowledge and focus on high quality care. This will assist you to function at the leading edge of practice development, to support and lead research and innovation, develop others, foster excellence and to take new initiatives forward (Health Education England (HEE), 2015).
- The course aims to facilitate the development of a comprehensive understanding of clinical leadership, service design, healthcare research and the theoretical concepts related to effective teaching, learning and assessment of learners.
- You will be taught by staff who are actively involved in research and have close links to practice, many of whom have recent experience of doing the job you are training for, so you will have the opportunity to learn from their up-to-date knowledge and skills.
Fees and funding
Please check our website for fee information
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- +44 (0)1484 472561