Entry requirements for this course are normally:
- An honours degree (2:2 or above) in a related subject. Applications are reviewed on merit and you may be invited for an interview.
If your first language is not English, you will need to meet the minimum requirements of an English Language qualification. The minimum for IELTS is 6.5 overall with no element lower than 6.0, or equivalent will be considered acceptable. Read more about the University’s entry requirements for students outside of the UK on our Where are you from information pages.
For further information please see the University's minimum entry requirements.
Months of entry
January, April, September
The MSc in Criminology and International Security is a new programme that aims to provide students with the theoretical and practical understanding necessary to respond to key security challenges that characterise the 21st century. Available on a full or part-time basis, it draws upon theoretical and empirical insights from within criminology to guide students through an in-depth exploration of key global security threats including cross-border crime, migration, cybercrime and terrorism.
This course is informed by cutting edge theoretical and empirical debates from within the discipline, and draws on research produced by academic staff within the division of criminology, politics and sociology at Huddersfield. This programme will be of interest to those working in, or aspiring to work in, security policy, research, academia, policing, and private sector consultancy.
- This course is highly focussed on the practical policy response to key contemporary security threats.
- It is informed by cutting edge research produced by academic staff at the University of Huddersfield
- It seeks to provide a broad overview of the security environment and the policy responses employed to manage it.
- It imbeds evaluation and research skills in its teaching to produce graduates who can easily transition into practical security roles.
Fees and funding
Please check our website for fee information
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- +44 (0)1484 471451