Entry requirements for this course are normally:
- A first degree (or equivalent) in a relevant human or health related subject
- Provide a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and health clearances
- A conditional offer will be made upon completion of an APEL portfolio
- GCSE Maths at grade 4 or above, or grade C or above if awarded under the previous GCSE grading scheme
- Relevant prior experience in a health environment
- Potential to study at master’s level
- Evidence of recent study (within 5 years)
Months of entry
The MSc Paramedic Science (Pre-registration) is an innovative and fresh approach to paramedic education. This is an opportunity for prospective students who have already undertaken a previous health related degree, opportunity to register as a paramedic.
Paramedics are an integral and ever evolving part of the NHS workforce and work as autonomous practitioners, able to conduct complex examinations and undertake diagnostic management procedures. Paramedics work in a multitude of environments, paramedics provide urgent and emergency care to patients across the lifespan.
Master’s level students are expected to engage with more complex concepts, beyond that of a Bachelor degree and learners are required to be complete practitioners, capable of leading change and improving service quality.
- The course works closely in partnership with the Yorkshire Ambulance Service, developed in conjunction with the trust.
- The course provides a wealth of practice placement opportunities in both ambulance and non-ambulance settings
- The course enables students to commence study at Masters level, the first of its kind within the North of England to offer this paramedic course
- The two year programme provides strong post course employability as a Newly Qualified Paramedic (NQP).
Information for international students
If your first language is not English, you will need to meet the minimum requirements of an English Language qualification. The minimum for IELTS is 6.5 overall with no element lower than 6.0, or equivalent will be considered acceptable. Read more about the University’s entry requirements for students outside of the UK on our Where are you from information pages.
If you are an international student coming to study at the University of Huddersfield, please visit the International Fees and Finance pages for full details of tuition fees and support available.
Fees and funding
Tuition fees for UK and EU postgraduate students at the University of Huddersfield will cover the cost of your study at the University as well as charges for registration, tuition, supervision and examinations. For more information about funding, fees and finance for UK/EU students, please see Fees and finance. Please note that tuition fees for subsequent years of study may rise in line with inflation (RPI-X).
Please email the Student Finance Office or call 01484 472210 for more information about fees and finance.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time24 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Human and Health Science
- 01484 472541