Entry requirements for this course are normally:
- An honours degree (2:2 or above) in a science-based subject, which may include, Nutrition, Dietetics, Biological Science, or Sport and Exercise Science.
If your first language is not English, you will need to meet the minimum requirements of an English Language qualification. The minimum for IELTS is 6.0 overall with no element lower than 5.5, or equivalent. Read more about the University’s entry requirements for students outside of the UK on our Where are you from information pages.
Months of entry
This course provides graduates with the academic knowledge and professional skills required to pursue a career in the field of sport and exercise nutrition, including practitioner and researcher-based work. It offers you an opportunity to develop knowledge and skills relevant to the broad spectrum of professional training in sport and exercise nutrition. This includes working with athletes and sports teams who use nutrition to optimise training adaptations and athletic performance or to address health issues such as rising rates of obesity and increasingly elderly population.
- You will be exposed to classic and contemporary issues within sport and exercise nutrition, whilst also developing fundamental skills required to work in applied practice and research.
- You will be taught in a stimulating and supportive learning environment that draws on expert knowledge, research and applied practice.
- You will learn key laboratory skills and testing methods in our state-of-the-art facilities.
- You may have an opportunity to attend a work placement within the sport and exercise sector.
- The course leader is a professional Sport and Exercise Nutritionist who works in elite sport.
- You will complete a major research project during the course and have the opportunity to potentially publish your work in peer reviewed sport and exercise nutrition journals.
Overall, this course will help facilitate your future career aspirations, including applied practice and/or further study at Doctoral level.
We welcome applications from international students as sport and exercise nutrition is a truly global area. The course staff and the wider University provides additional support to those students who come from overseas.
Fees and funding
Please check our website for fee information
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- +44 (0)1484 957504